Cochrane Workshops 2019
Cochrane Workshop: Systematic Reviews of Diagnostic Test Accuracy Studies Workshop - Lund, 21-22 January 2020
This 2-day workshop is targeted at people who need to make decisions about diagnostic tests. It forms a coherent basis for systematically reviewing, analysing and interpreting diagnostic evidence.
The workshop is directed to review authors, healthcare workers, clinicians, researchers (statisticians and epidemiologists), guideline developers and policymakers, who wish to know more about systematically reviewing and understanding diagnostic evidence.
Prerequisites for workshop participants
- Basic knowledge of the methodology and statistical analysis of primary studies of diagnostic test accuracy.
- Familiarity with the methodology and conduct of systematic reviews.
Cochrane Sweden is pleased to announce that registration is now open for a 1-week course on Cochrane Methodology from the 11-15 May 2020. The course is mainly aimed at PhD students from the Faculty of Medicine, but is open for everyone to join.
This 40-hour course will cover the following topics and also include self-tuition with Cochrane Interactive Learning.
- Introduction to conducting systematic reviews
- Writing the review protocol
- Searching for studies
- Selecting studies and collecting data
- Introduction to study quality and risk of bias
- Analysing the data
- Interpreting the findings
- Reporting the review
Lectures, Cochrane Interactive Learning platform, discussions and teamwork.
Active participation in discussions, Cochrane Interactive Learning online modules and teamwork.
Lund University, Sweden
- For PhD students at the Faculty of Medicine (from Swedish Universities or Copenhagen): Free participation.
- For other participants: 1500 SEK (approximately 145 euros). Fill in your information for your invoice here before 15 April 2020; payment is due by 30 April 2020.
How to register
Please register on the Lund University website: http://www.forskarutbildningskurser.med.lu.se/index.php
You can find a list of literature and other relevant information about the course via Lund University's course description.